Saturday, February 9, 2008

F-16 Group Build (Academy 1/48 F-16 Thunderbird)


Academy 1/48 scale F-16 Thunderbird

Far from weird, this F-16 was built straight from the box and by the numbers ie a typical Thunderbird. Took awhile for me to complete, as with most early academy kits, construction was tedious. There is an old saying...you get what you pay for. This academy kit cost about SGD 20, a whole lot cheaper than Hasegawa or Tamiya BUT then lets not talk about the accuracy of the kit. Surprisingly, the early academy decal set was not the monster I thought it was. With a bit of patience and copious amount of Mr. Mark Softer. I tamed the 'THUNDERBIRD'. Considering that I build mostly armour kits, the outcome of this bird looks ok to me.




Wait till you see the rest of the F-16s! done by other members :)

No comments: